Jun 04, 2016
Eat and Think Yourself Smart Workshop
You may have heard that our global food production system is deeply flawed. You’re right. In fact, it’s probably worse than you imagine. Fortunately, there’s hope. It is possible for us to use our minds to develop better practices that respect our health and the health of the planet. Gaining knowledge about our food practices will allow us to become stewards of creation, as God intended, and enables us to bring heaven to earth.
Join me in Dallas, TX on Saturday, June 4th for my workshop entitled Think and Eat Yourself Smart. In this one day workshop, I will help you gain a better understanding of the fundamentals of eating, the entangled relationship between thinking and food, and how our uniqueness spreads throughout our spirit, soul and body. This workshop is divided into three sections that will help you begin approaching these issues with a renewed mindset.
Session One (9am-10.30am) : Admit It!
1. Real Food and the MAD Way of Eating
2. The Trouble with Mass Production
3. The MAD Diseases
4. The Mad Truth about the MAD
5. Marketing to Children and Other Scandals
6. Who Rules the Economic Roost?
7. The Genetic Elephant in the Room
Session Two (11.00am-12.30pm) : Quit It!
1. Mindset and Meal
2. Taking Responsibility
3. The Meeting of the Minds
4. Toxic Schedules and Television: Twin Enemies of Our Minds
5. What’s Eating You?
6. This Is Your Brain on Brain Scans
Session Two (1.30pm-3.00pm) : Quit It! (continued)
7. Confused Emotions, Destructive Behaviors
8. Me, Myself, and My Epigenetic Environment
9. The Whole Beef and Nothing but the Beef
10. Sugar: The Forbidden Fruit?
11. To Eat Gluten or Not to Eat Gluten: That Is the Question
12. Sleep In, Then Move It
Session Four (3.10pm-4.00pm) : Beat It!
1. Twelve Tips to Beat It
2. A Twenty-One Recipe Kickstart
* Schedule subject to change.
There are special hotel rates available for workshop attendees. Register at the Westin - Dallas/Fort Worth Airport. There are limited number of rooms available so register as soon as possible.
The Westin provides a shuttle from DFW Airport to the hotel. Organic lunch can be purchased from on-site food trucks the day of the workshop.
To receive your event room rate visit the Westin Dallas website
THE WESTIN DALLAS/FORT WORTH AIRPORT
4545 W.John Carpenter Freeway.
Irving, TX 75063
|Cost:||$139 until January 14, 2016|