Feb 05, 2018
Dealing with Grief
Losing a loved one is hard, and with Valentine’s Day around the corner, dealing with the loss of a spouse may be especially difficult. Below are tips I developed to help my patients deal with grief, which are based on my research on the mind-brain-spiritual connection and my clinical practice.
If you are grieving the loss of a loved one, I hope that these tips will provide some comfort and help during this hard time:
1. Acknowledge your feelings—never suppress them. Suppressed emotions will damage your health and capacity to deal with your pain.
2. Talk about how you feel, how you miss your loved one, what you feel like without them and so on.
3. Channel your grief by helping someone else who is grieving.
4. Join a support group, or start one.
5. Don’t try manage your grief alone.
6. Remember the happy times.
7. Keep observing your loved one’s favorite traditions.
8. Balance every sad moment with a happy memory of that person.
For more information, tips and resources on how to deal with grief, check out today’s podcast: https://drleaf.com/media/podcasts/